Image: ET phoning home, thanks to the DMR-ZA Net!
Some time ago I "complained" in general about the operating procedures of some of our fellow radio amateurs in South Africa. Articles HERE, HERE and HERE. I indicated that ET cannot phone home from certain Nets in South Africa where bad operating practices exist. This of cause all tongue in the cheek but these blatant transgressions and bad incidents is of great concern, not only to me but many others as well. However one Net and that is the DMR-ZA Net is showing how it should be done.
Last night I listened to the Net and to Brian ZS5BR, the Net Controller. I would like to complement all those who participated in the Net and in particular Brian ZS5BR who "controlled" the Net. This is how a net should function and on the forefront was the excellent operating procedures of everybody involved in the Net. I listen to a few nets and also participate in some nets in South Africa but the DMR-ZA Net's outstanding procedures make it a real pleasure to listen and participate in. Great practice by all those involved.
No I am not going to go into detail but join this Net on a Tuesday evenings at 19h30 SAST and experience the net for yourself. The DMR-ZA Net has set the standard of how it should be done. It took me back to the olden day's where it was of the utmost importance and pride to run a net professionally and using good operating procedures and practices.
A big thank you to all involved in the DMR-ZA Net - "ET was able to phone home last night thanks to the DMR-ZA Net!!
