Image above: ASL3 Landing Page (Dashboard) Click on image for larger view.)
"Latest and greatest" firmware ...... Huh? Big deal? No, but after 9 years of using HamVoip Firmware on the ZS1I AllStar Hub it is time to upgrade to ASL3 Firmware and also to update the Supermon Dashboard.
Let me just make it very clear. There is nothing wrong with HamVoip and it served me well, however there comes a time when new firmware does not "play ball" anymore with HamVoip and as I run the Hub I wanted to add new features to the the Hub Node. Thanks HamVoip, Jim Dixon WB6NIL (SK), David K4FXC, Doug WA3DSP and the rest of the HamVoip Team for creating this wonderful application for Amateur Radio.
Well I upgraded to ASL3 firmware a week ago and has been working on and off on setting up the "new" ZS1I AllStar3 Hub. I must apologize to many of the stations who during the past few days were disconnected after rebooting the 49355 Node several times. Sometimes it was necessary to work on the node while stations were connected and this resulted in a few disconnects.
The final switch over took place on the 20 July 2026 and so far the Hub has been running without any issues. I will make a few changes to the setup of the node and ASL3 firmware and will also be adding 2 x Dashboards to monitor and control several other nodes connected to the ZS1I AllStar Hub Network. Echolink has been included and is available at ZS1I-R Node 929614. Other nodes, links, bridges etc. is running great and has been linked to the ZS1I Allstar Hub. I will in a future posting explain what new features ASL3 brings to the ZS1I Hub Network.
Finally: If there are any issues please get in touch with me and I will look into them. I trust that ASL3 will provide a great new service to the many radio amateurs that connect to the ZS1I Hub.
Images: (Click on images for larger view)
Image above: Out with the old. Supermon 6.2+ served me well since 2017.
Image above: In with the New. Supermon 8+ Thus far it is running flawlessly. So many new features and updates.
Image above: ASL3 Node Overview.
Image above: AllScan Dashboard for the ZS1I Hub
Image above: Allmon3 Dashboard for the ZS1I Hub





