css body, p, .post-body { font-family: 'Google Sans Text', sans-serif !important; } /* Apply Google Sans to Post Titles and Headings */ h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .post-title, .post h2 { font-family: 'Google Sans', sans-serif; font-weight: 500; }

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

3D Printer worked overtime this Week-End in the shack of ZS1I


I have a few projects that needed cabinets to finalize them.  This past Friday I visited several Asian shops in Mossel Bay to find cabinets for these projects.  I visited five shops and spend a considerable time searching for suitable cabinets.  Sadly I could not even find one cabinet.  Well as they say in the classics, DIY is the solution or Homebrew.  I serviced my 3D printer on Friday afternoon and fired it up to print two cabinets.  The last cabinet was finished on Sunday afternoon around 15h00.  Now placing the images here is not to brag about it, but rather to encourage others that cannot find a suitable cabinet to make your own. 

One cabinet will be used for the passive RF Field Strength Meter described HERE.

The other cabinet will be used for the "Squeakie" RF Field Strength Meter described HERE

Images:  Click on images for larger view.

 







Let's build the Modified "Squeakie" RF Field Strength Meter - Peter Parker VK3YE (Part 3)

I was not satisfied with the functioning and build of the veroboard "Squeakie" Field Strength Meter described in Part 2.  I decide...