css body, p, .post-body { font-family: 'Google Sans Text', sans-serif !important; } /* Apply Google Sans to Post Titles and Headings */ h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .post-title, .post h2 { font-family: 'Google Sans', sans-serif; font-weight: 500; }

Monday, August 31, 2026

AI draw me a Template for an Analogue Meter.


I recently constructed a Passive RF Field Strength Meter.  I had an old uA analog meter in my junk-box which I used as the meter for the project.  Now I needed a way to cut out the hole and drill the four connecting bolts to the cabinet.  Normally if you buy a new analog meter a template is provided.  Well AI is your answer.

I asked AI the following:   " AI draw me a template for an analogue meter. The diameter is 45mm and it has 4 bolts to install the meter. The face of the meter is 50 mm x 50 mm"

Here is a technical layout template for your analog panel meter.

Template Dimensions & Specifications

  • Outer Panel Face: 50 mm × 50 mm square.

  • Main Center Cutout: 45 mm diameter circle.

  • Bolt Hole Configuration: Four symmetric holes at the corners.

  • Bolt Hole Clearance: 2.5 mm inset from the edges (45 mm × 45 mm bolt pattern grid center-to-center).

  • Recommended Hole Diameter: 3 mm (suitable for standard M2.5 or M3 mounting bolts).

Installation Instructions

  1. Print to Scale: Ensure your printer settings are set to "Actual Size" or "100% Scale" (do not select "Fit to Page").

  2. Verify Dimensions: Before cutting, use a caliper or ruler to verify that the outer square measures exactly 50 mm.

  3. Center Punch: Mark the center point of the 45 mm circle and the four corner bolt holes using a center punch to prevent your drill bit from walking.

  4. Cut the Main Bore: Use a 45 mm hole saw or a chassis punch to cut the main center clearance hole.

  5. Drill Mounting Holes: Drill the four corner holes using a 3 mm or 3.2 mm drill bit for easy bolt alignment.

Here is the Template in PDF (1:1 Scale)  Click HERE to download.

Finally:  AI saved me a lot of time and hassle in providing me with this template.  The template resulted in a great and neat fit into the cabinet. 

Let's build the Modified "Squeakie" RF Field Strength Meter - Peter Parker VK3YE (Part 3)

I was not satisfied with the functioning and build of the veroboard "Squeakie" Field Strength Meter described in Part 2.  I decide...